Friday, February 8, 2013

10 Things: OkCupid Dealbreakers


You've seen some examples of the good, the bad and the ugly, but there bigger dealbreakers than just in the messages that guys. This list (above) is what I've compiled after three weeks on one of America's biggest dating websites. Here are some of them in greater detail:

#1– "Myspace-angle" pictures, for those of you that don't know, are pictures of someone's body only and not the face. Or it's someone taking obviously taking a photo of themselves in front of a mirror or doing the kissy-face. We aren't in middle school anymore, stop doing that.

#3– What guys should know even if they aren't on online dating. If you don't know the girl at all and you call her sexy, that is not sexy. In fact, it's just creepy.

#5– It's not like I'm racist against my own race, it's just a personal preference. You see, when I was growing up my mom taught me that all Asian men were cheaters and liars (thanks Dad), and while I don't actually believe this, it's been grilled into my head to often that all Asian men are forever unattractive to me. Sorry not sorry.

#7–This is the WORST. I had this happen twice to me already. One time the guy's excuse was because he had had so many bad experiences with the girl showing up and not looking anything like her pictures. The second was a guy I was actually really excited to go on a date with...until he asked for a picture to "save my contact information" with. I call BS. It's just rude! You obviously think there's a chance I'm faking my pictures, so just own up to it! And why do people do that anyway! It's not like people aren't going to find out that you posted a picture of your sister instead of yourself when they go on a date with you! You are ruining it for the rest of us truth-tellers out there! And I'll just stop it there before I get too fired up.

#8– OkCupid does this thing when you look at someone else's profile where they compare the two of you based on the questions that you answer. If your answers differ for a certain amount of questions, however, the tab title changes from "The Two of Us" to "Ya'll Got Issues," which I think is hysterical, mostly because it has a Southern twang.


2 comments:

  1. Kill yourself you dumb bitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. feminism isn't usually associated with racism and homophobia

    ReplyDelete