Thursday, January 10, 2013

So LA: Here's me pretending to look cool on a Harley

Thank you Nicho for making me look at least halfway decent in these photos. 


I'm still not quite sure how this happened. Contrary to what most probably believe, I did NOT do this on purpose. I was not expecting it on the way home from the coffee shop and I am pretty sure this is the first time I have seen, let alone "ride" a Harley.

But so what had happened was (said in a Bon Qui Qui accent), my friend, neighbor and photographer texted me to stop by for headshots since I had just gotten my hair done. I went to the garage to find that he was already doing shots of a guy and his Harley Davidson. It's a pretty sweet bike, though I will be the first to admit that I know absolutely nothing about motorcycles. After the guy was done he said, "You're welcome to hop on for some shots if you want."

Who can say no to that?

I felt so terribly awkward on it, laughable even, that I decided to make fun of myself and sit on it backwards. I also felt like I was killing Jean Kilbourne softly and she would have pushed me off the bike if she had been there. That aside, I think me and a Harley go together about as well as Justin Bieber and that car in the "Boyfriend" music video. I mean, does he even have his after 9 permit?

Note to self: High-waisted skirts don't go well with motorcycles. Cue awkward-party-of-one sequence:






1 comment: