Friday, January 11, 2013

13 Resolutions for 2013



Well, I FINALLY did it! Sure, it might be a little late but I have been thinking about my resolutions for a while now and ultimately decided to keep it simple this year.

For the past five years I have been writing my resolutions on New Year's Eve...up until now. I also go back to my resolutions the year before to see what I have accomplished. Looking back on 2012, it was quite an interesting year. On one hand, I was very lucky to have survived the 2-week long road trip across country. I met tons of people all across the US and had some life-changing experiences that will make me look back on 2012 for the rest of my life. It was the year that I moved out of North Carolina for the first time ever and that interned for the legendary Ms. Magazine in Beverly Hills. I took a lot of risks, went on a lot of adventures, and became a braver person than I ever thought I would be.

Of course, 2012 being my first year out of college, I also suffered a big dip financially. I'm pretty sure my bank account hates me and wonders if I've forgotten that I can deposit money in it. I worked a grand total of six jobs– from a receptionist at an Oriental rug store, to a hostess at a Japanese restaurant, to a Hollywood Club Crawl host. I went through a lot of identity crises: thinking that I would be a teacher, go to grad school, be a tour guide. Those thankfully were short-lived.

Looking back on my resolutions for 2012, I clearly had a different idea of where I am now when I wrote them. "Get a tattoo," "Get accepted into grad school," and "Get a job with benefits" are some examples of what I did not accomplish, along with "Not get into a car accident" and "Volunteer at a soup kitchen."Among my accomplished resolutions, however, are: "Star a blog," "Travel...a lot," "Meet and have a conversation with a celebrity,"(it was Geena Davis) and "Get a credit card."

Good enough.

This year I have made 13 new year's resolutions for 2013. Most of them are blog/writing-related. I need a fancy camera to take better pictures for my blog, for example, instead of ghetto IPhone version photos. Also I just really want to look like a bad ass carrying a legit camera around for once.

So dear 2013, please don't screw me over. I've survived my first year after college, can you please catch me and my bank a break? I would like to ask to have a LOT of good luck, but that is neither measurable or practical. So I won't and will simply aim to achieve my resolutions above. Fair trade, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment