Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Well Looky Here...



I love it when my cousin and I cross-post. On Monday she put up a post titled "Feminist In LA" (that sounds familiar...) with a couple of photo shoots that we did a couple of weeks before. You can see her post and her blog, Mel From the Nidohere.

On a side-note, photo shoots are a LOT more awkward than it seems. Some things that I've noticed:

1. There most likely is some person right up in your grill, shining a huge reflector so the photographer can get you in the best light as possible. It's hard to ignore them but you still have to pretend they don't exist.

2. I have no idea what to do with my face. I started just thinking of random adjectives like "bored," "skinny" and "super serious" to give me inspiration. These are also the words that I imagine the women from America's Top Model think of when they decide which facial expressions to use.

3. You're constantly thinking of your love handles, that weird birthmark on your neck and what side of your face looks better. And then you realize that just the opposite is true. I try so hard not to care but when that is the center of attention, I just can't help it.

4. I have no idea what to do with my hands. There's only so many one-hand-on-the-hip pictures that you can take before it starts getting old.

5. You definitely have to be comfortable with the photographer. The first time I did the photo shoot with Nicho was the first time I actually met him. By the second time, however, we were established neighbors and had hung out more. I was more comfortable and energetic and so was he. The ratio of pictures of me that looked like I had just swallowed a snake's eye decreased considerably. It really does make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment