Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Weird Jobs: Maternity Bride Social Media Guru



Yep, I said it. Maternity Bride...as in brides that are pregnant. Naturally, these two words go together. I saw this gig on Craigslist and thought "why not?"I met with the designer at a coffeeshop soon afterwards for yet another easy interview. The funniest thing out of all this? I know absolutely NOTHING about weddings or pregnancies.

The only thing that saved me was my social media experience at my internship, and my ability to sound semi-intelligent during conversation. Thank you Communications degree. Turns out this job is pretty sweet: I make my own schedule, hours are flexible, and I get to dive into the fashion industry, maternity or not.

I designed this banner for the website for the upcoming 2013 Winter Collection for evening dresses. I know what you're thinking: this model is obviously not pregnant. Which is why our first order of business was to shoot real women with real bellies. More prego pictures to come.

1 comment: