Thursday, December 13, 2012

Best Way to Announce a Breakup Ever



This is a bit outdated but I figured I'd post it anyways for the people out there who've missed out.

This is great. I commend this couple (Ivory King and Jonathan Mann) having enough humor during an awkward and vulnerable time to post up a song about their breakup. Yeah, it's still sad and they've gotten some bad press about posting their personal life on YouTube, but they put it out there so plainly that it's hard to criticize. And as artists, why not announce something in an artistic way that makes light of a situation that otherwise is pretty dim?

I will even go as far to say that they are challenging the taboo on breakups and are looking at it with a realistic and refreshing perspective. When asked why they chose this particular method to break the news, the Brooklyn couple (or should I say ex-couple?) Mann said to The New York Daily News:
"I didn't want to have to explain it over and over to people, because that can be really painful...And I hoped it would feel cathertic to make this together, as sort of our final act." 
 See? Honest and raw. Cue slow clap.

1 comment:

  1. The Brooklyn couple (or should refurbished espresso machines I say ex-couple?) Mann said to The New York Daily News:

    ReplyDelete